A few years ago, I was your typical office-worker: stressed out, uneven energy, overweight, and inconsistent complexion. Now I'm just your typical 28-year old urban hunter-gatherer on a quest to be healthy, and having a few adventures along the way. See my full bio.
Nov 5 in NYC: McDougall to host largest "Born to Run" event ever
The train has left the station, and the brakes don't work. Our "Wild Barefoot Running Event Series" started back in August with our Harlem-to-Brooklyn run with Christopher McDougall, built up to the New York City Barefoot Run in October, and now we have McDougall back in town for the New York City Marathon and the biggest Born to Run event ever. Sponsored and organized by Paragon Sports and Vibram. This is the 3rd Act. If you made the other events, you know it's been a blast. If you haven't, here's a chance to redeem yourself. This is one you don't want to miss.
Here's the announcement from McDougall:
- Dr. Daniel Lieberman, Harvard’s “Barefoot Professor” and co-creator of the “Running Man” theory of human evolution.
- Coach Eric Orton, the wizard from Born to Run who rebuilt me in time for the epic race against the Tarahumara.
- Barefoot Ted McDonald: is any introduction necessary? For the first time ever on stage, BFT will be simultaneously demonstrating how to craft your own pair of Tarahumara-style racing sandals while describing his years-long exploration of indigenous footwear in search of the perfect minimalist running shoe.
- John Durant: fresh from his star-turn on The Colbert Report and a national leader of hunter-gatherer athleticism. John was at least half the brains behind that wild moving street party of the Harlem run and recently staged the gigantic First Annual New York Barefoot Run on Governors island.
- Fast and Female will be making a special presentation
- Plus a special mystery guest will be on hand with exciting Born to Run news (more on this soon. Really soon).
- AND hula dancers! Vibram FiveFingers giveaways! Personalized book signings! A raffle for a special event: Saturday In The Park With McDougall and Barefoot Ted. Raffle winners will be personally fitted and presented with a pair of Vibram FiveFingers, then join Barefoot Ted and I for a run in Central Park followed by muffins and coffee.